Super Bowl Package Donation to Community Clinic!!
Killeen Pharmacy has donated a “super” Super Bowl package to the Clinic. It will go up for auction on ebay the evening of January 20. For more information, please contact Doris Parker, Development Director, at 254-213-3550, extension 2, or email@example.com.
Package details are:
Lunch n’ Learn 2019:
- Two (2) Tickets to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, GA on February 3, 2019. Seats located in Section 124
- 3-night (Feb. 1-4, 2019) 4-star, downtown hotel accommodation
- All scheduled ground transportation to all activities (Airport transfer not included)
- Official NFL 3-hour all-inclusive pregame party, located within the Georgia World Congress Center, inside Super Bowl grounds (experiences include appearances by NFL Legends and pregame entertainment)
- Two (2) tickets to Bud Light Super Bowl Music Fest - Saturday Night concert
- Two (2) Super Bowl Experience Tickets
- Visa Interactive Football Clinic with NFL athletes (Athletic Attire Recommended)
- Transportation to Atlanta not included.
Enjoy a free lunch, a gift, and a health related topic on the SECOND THURSDAY of each month. Events are held at 12 noon – 1 pm at the Killeen Arts and Activities Center, 802 N 2nd Street. To register, call 254-213-3550, option 3, register on Facebook @gkfclinic or register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, January 10- “Those Hidden Sugars!”
- Thursday, February 14- “Healthy Eyes Through the Years”
- Thursday, March 14- “Healing Through Essential Oils”
Yes, after 24 years, the Clinic is changing its “Doing Business As” name – the kick off for its 25th anniversary celebration which will occur in 2019. We are still providing the same medical care, medications, mental health, and other great services for those in medical need in the communities we serve.
Patient Contribution to Care
In order to maintain the current level of services, and plan for long-term sustainability, we are now asking patients to contribute to their care. Based on income level and ability to donate, patients will be asked to contribute $10, $15, or $20 for an acute care visit, and $20, $25 or $30 for chronic care visits. A patient may receive a waiver to the contribution to care. Cash, debit cards and credit cards are accepted.
Texas Methodist Foundation Grant
- 12 noon - 1 pm
- Free Lunch and Door Prizes
- Call Stephanie at 213-3550, option 3, to register.
We are excited to announce the awarding of a grant from the Texas Methodist Foundation to implement a program for reduction and management of chronic pain in diabetics. This program requires a participant to make a one year commitment in making healthy lifestyle changes. Brooke Toland, project coordinator, stays in regular contact with participants and identifies areas that may improve their life by using different resources, such as, walking, nutrition and/or cooking classes, different types of exercise (tai chi, yoga, stretching, etc) and education about how pain affects the body. What is unique about this program is the individual attention given to each participant to help them succeed and the education about current community resources that are readily available. There are still openings for participants in this program. Please call Brooke at 213-3550, extension 1 for more information.